TENNESSEE POD-CASTING TOURNAMENT
Universities across Tennessee are collaborating in a state-wide pod-casting tournament for students
Initial competitions will be held on individual campuses
Institutions will enter the winners of the individual campus competitions into the state-wide competition
FOUR CATEGORIES OF COMPETITION:
SERVICE LEARNING: These can be audio recording projects featuring student reflections from Service Learning projects. This is a special category that underscores one of the missions of this pilot: Promoting the Tennessee State Campus Compact, led by TSU President Melvin N. Johnson.
KEY CONCEPTS: Pod-casts in this category focus around a specific academic concept. The approach may be informative or persuasive. Merit will be assessed primarily on the learning a listener is able to receive from the pod-cast.
CULTURAL: Pod-casts in this category are artistic in nature, story-telling and original writing, musical or dramatic performances. The merit will be assessed primarily on the aesthetic experience for the listener.
FACULTY: Faculty are encouraged to submit mp3s of their own content
Federal Express Institute
Prizes are under consideration at this point; more information will be available as the projecf moves forward.
All pod-cast entrants must meet the following criteria:
1. The named author on the submission must be a student at one of the participating institutions (these are listed below).
2. The named author must be 18 years or older.
3. All material in the pod-cast must follow strict adherence to existing copyright laws.
4. An individual may be the named author on only one entry.
5. All entries must be submitted electronically.
6. Entrants agree that their entry information becomes the exclusive property of the sponsoring institution and the organizers of this competition. This includes the right to make the pod-cast entry available for free down-load.
7. Entrants agree to participate and provide information for any research carried out on the benefits of this tournament and its practices.
1. Pod-casts must be in the 3-5 minute range.
2. This contest uses AUDIO ONLY! Video will not be considered.
3. All pod-casts should be submitted in an .mp3 format.
4. Pod-casts will be evaluated on the quality of their content more than the sophistication of production.
Tennessee State University (Primary organizer)
East Tennessee State University
Tennessee Tech University
University of Memphis
University of Tennessee at Martin
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
University of Tennessee at Knoxville
Faculty from schools not on this list can make inquiries about institutional participation by contacting Bob Bradley.
ALL PARTICPANTS MUST SIGN AND RETURN A COPY OF THIS INFORMATION SHEET WITH THEIR ENTRY.
I have read and agree to the above:
Student signature (date) Print name